25 January 2017

TIME-TRAVEL SECRETS | RUBY RED TRILOGY | by KERSTIN GIER



What's not to love about this trilogy. I must of first read this about 2 years ago and the second I read the first book, I couldn't stop. Had to get next day delivery for the other two straight away so to not disrupt my 'flow' haha. If you love history (fake or real), time-travel and some romance, you'll love this collection.

I don't want to give anything away and ruin it for you, but I can't help but stress how fun and light it was to read. I would say they can be for early teens to young adults because it has that combination of fantasy mixed in with complexity of channeling yourself through different time zones. Oh and before I forget to say, it's all set in London.

The writing is witty and more importantly the main character, Gwen, is relatable and easy for you to instantly care for. She has a bezzy that'll you love and I guess, all I can say is it's an all rounder for the genre it is in. Depends on your reading taste, if you don't like the world of a character growing into their identities, and accepting their past to continue into the future, then maybe this ain't your book, but if you love a bit of that and more, I suggest you give it a go.

Also you know that feeling you get when you fall in love with the guy in the book, yeah that feeling....

You can find it cheapest here, book #2 Sapphire Blue here and #3 Emerald Green here

And as an added bonus, the covers are beautifulllllll. I hate paperback to be honest, hardback gives me so much joy haha and the wine red with silver writing had my eyes gleaming. Now if your wondering if the trilogy begins to deteriorate like the Insurgent series (you know what I mean if you read that trilogy) then I can assure you it doesn't. In fact, I was sad that it ended, if anything I think the author could of made the novels longer; but maybe Gier wanted to end it whilst it was good to avoid the classic scenario of trilogies.

Here's the blurb from Ruby Red for you 

SHE WASN'T EXPECTING TO TRAVEL THROUGH TIME....OR TO LOSE HER HEART

The young guy had dark, curly hair that fell almost to his shoulders, and such bright green eyes that I thought he must be wearing coloured lenses. Although I had never seen him before, I recognised him immediately. I'd have known his voice anywhere. This was the guy I'd seen on my last journey back in time.
Or more precisely, the one who'd kissed my doppelgänger while I was hiding behind the curtain in disbelief. 

Let me know what you think if you have read it

love, Renae x


Disqus