11 January 2017

LUST IN MILK AND HONEY | RUPI KAUR


The first time Rupi Kaur's work came into my life was when I visited the Chelsea Market in New York during my stay last year. I absolutely loved it in there, it was absolutely beautiful and the products that the stands held were even more glorious. I picked up this book of poetry and read a random page, instantly falling in love. So it was only right, that once I returned back home that I order this exact book and continue reading Kaur's amazing work.


It doesn't just have clever and thought provoking poetry, it has animated imagery aside some of the poems to help along the imagination of the reader. I have picked random poems to show you what I'm on about, but the poetry in this book ranges in lengths; I just couldn't manage to take a great pick of the longer pics =/ but you get the idea.


The book is broken down into 4 key chapters; the hurting, the loving, the breaking, the healing. I think it tells a story, now I don't want to give anything away so read for yourselves and let me know how you get on. As a 'self-initiated' poet myself, I adore this. Even though there are no rules clearly set out like a novel; there is a theme running through this book filled with drops of inspiration, depending on which way you decided to interpret the poetry of course!

Learn about Rupi from her website, here. You can also purchase this book cheapest here or buy from here or here. Not sponsored, promise haha just love supporting readers and poets alike.


this is the journey of
surviving through poetry
this is blood sweat tears
of twenty-one years
this is my heart
in your hands
this is
the hurting
the loving
the breaking
the healing

- rupi kaur


love, Renae x

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig