21 September 2015

Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow & Restore Shampoo Review




My hair has been on a no shampoo diet for 3 years now; all the other shampoos that I had used previously would strip my hair completely leaving it feeling brittle. I no longer wanted to continue on using products that made my hair feel that way and so cut it out of my routine.

My hair loves conditioners, especially my home made ones, but recently after or before I install a protective style I would shampoo with this Shea Moisture Shampoo. It. Is. Beautiful.



My hair feels immediately soft and the tangles melt away like butter in a pan the second I put some into my damp hair. And if you could smell through the screen...! Mmnn! My hair did feel a little stripped once washed out but my hair was still moisturised and soft to touch. The apple cider vinegar also cleanses my hair very well. The shampoo does not lather as much as normal shampoos though, so I found myself adding much more than needed to my scalp because I wasn't aware the first time I used it.

This product is great for those that want a shampoo that can detangle, leave a bit of moisture and cleanses your hair at the same time. I simply don't have patience to buy the individual ingredients so this does me great. Another plus is that it doesn't affect the coloured parts of my hair in any bad way; it has no parabens, sulfates, paraffins, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrances, synthetic colours, DEA, phthalates, is not tested on animals and is gluten free.

The ingredients are amazing for your hair, the castor oil giving thickness and strength, cider vinegar helping with the ph levels of your scalp and cleansing, organic shea butter to deeply moisturise and condition your hair and scalp; the Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo by Shea Moisture has now become a staple in my regime to be done once every 2-4 months.

If you wash your hair with shampoo weekly this too is great as it will not harm a strand of your hair. Obviously do a deep condition or add a conditioner to your hair afterwards, so that your hair can gain back the nutrients lost whilst it was being cleansed.


Renae
x


DISCLAIMER: NOT A PAID ADVERTISMENT. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig